Are you interested in writing? Are you interested in the environment and the world around you? Do you want a stage to be heard and recognised by others? If yes, then the GreenCleanGuide essay competition is definitely for you. Write an essay/article on any one of the topics given below and send it to us. Please note that the following topics are only an indicative list and you are free to choose any issue related to the environment domain.
- Environmental pollution control – Water/Air/Land
- Renewable energy technologies
- Renewable energy policies by the government of India
- Ecosystem/Ecology management
- Green buildings
- Climate change/Greenhouse gas emissions/Global warming
- Environmental sustainability and Business
- Natural resource management
The competition is free to enter. There is no fee. It is being run by Greencleanguide.com
The competition celebrates the creative talents of people and gives them a voice to showcase their spirit and interest in the field of environment.
The closing date is 28th February, 2015 and results will be announced on 21st March 2015.
Who can participate: Anybody with an interest in environment. As long as you are residing in India, you are eligible. Nationality of the candidate does not matter as long as you are residing in India.
- First Prize (One): Apple -iPOD Shuffle or Cash prize equivalent to the price of Apple – iPOD shuffle.
- Consolation Prizes (Two) – Books on environment and society
How to Participate
- Entrants can select a topic from the list of given topics or choose any relevant topic in the domain of environmental science, renewable energy and clean technology and write an essay on it. Entries must be written in English and be the original work of the writer.
- The essay needs to be 600 words minimum and must not exceed 1200 words.
- The essay needs to be submitted by email only as a word file. Use bold for the title and the author’s name only, write a short (one paragraph) biography at the end of the essay and a passport size picture too. Write your full name, address, mobile number, contact email Id at the end of the essay (Your contact details will not be published without your permission). Write the title of the essay and your name in the subject of the email. All entries must be submitted by email only at email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org
- The essay will be judged on content, coherence and quality (90% weightage)
- The essay will also be awarded points on the number of shares and hits it gets through our website and social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (10% weightage)
Green Clean Guide –For the Changing Planet is the green portal that aims to be an easy to use approach and created to make available information related to environment and allied sciences in a single place. Established as a credible and analysed information provider, GreenCleanGuide.com wishes to create awareness in the field of environment.
- The entry should not have copied content from any other source.
- The Competition is open to anybody with an interest in environment and currently residing in India only. There is no requirement of age.
- You need to submit essay in MS-word file along with relevant pictures/graphs. If you are sourcing images from other source, you are required to provide proper reference for the same. Attach it as a jpg/pdf file in the same email.
- Entries will be disqualiﬁed if they fail to meet these requirements.
- All entries will be published on greencleanguide.com as soon as we receive them. The author gives www.greencleanguide.com all copyrights and rights to publish the article on www.greencleanguide.com. You cannot publish the same article elsewhere or submit it as a part of coursework once you submit it to www.greencleanguide.com. The decision of www.greencleanguide and its editorial team will be final. No claim will be entertained whatsoever. If the article is found to be plagiarised, the article will be removed and the author will be disqualified.
- The entry should not violate any copyright belonging to any other party, it should not be copied or imitated or taken from the public domain, and it should not have been previously published in any format, website or publication.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted. Joint submissions and multiple entries are not allowed.
Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Contest, you hereby agree to grant the www.greencleanguide.com (Publisher) the exclusive copyright of the entry in all forms, formats and editions.
- Any copyright dispute that may be existing / arise in respect of an entry (published or unpublished) shall be the responsibility of the participant. The Publisher shall in no manner be responsible for any legal/other dispute that may be existing/may exist in future in respect of the entries.
- The Publisher accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize.
- Any dispute shall be subject to the final decision of the editorial team of greencleanguide.com. No claim shall lie whatsoever in any judicial forum or court.
- Participants need to subscribe via email to the website to receive updates and to satisfy that their article has been received and published by greencleanguide.com. Mere submission of the article does not mean that it has been accepted. It should pass our plagiarism checks and standards/rules before it can be accepted. The author will not be notified in case his/her entry is rejected.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered due to technical or other reason. Sending an email is not proof that greencleanguide.com has received your entry.
- If your entry is selected as the prize winner, greencleanguide.com shall notify you by e-mail. If you do not reply to email, we shall contact you by mobile number thrice. If there is no response and we cannot contact the contestant, then the next contestant will get the prize. So please submit valid email ID’s and phone numbers to avoid disappointment.
- The winning authors will be interviewed and their interviews will be published on www.greencleanguide.com
- Once you submit an entry to www.greencleanguide.com, you give us all copyrights and it can never be submitted again to any forum (print or online website).
- By participating in the Contest, you hereby agree to abide by the rules and terms and conditions of the Contest.
The contest is closed due to less response from the readers. We will open GCG essay content 2015 soon in June 2015. Keep your essays ready 🙂