Job Title: Field Monitor, IPE Global (P) Ltd
Location: Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan, West Bengal
IPE Global Pvt. Ltd. (IPE Global) is a leading international development and infrastructure sector consulting firm offering services in Health and Nutrition, Water and Sanitation, Urban Infrastructure Development, Government and Public Sector, Education, Rural development and Environment and Climate Change areas. In these sectors, IPE Global provides end-to-end consulting services. Headquartered in New Delhi, IPE Global has 9 offices in India, and branch offices in Kenya, Ethiopia, Bangladesh and UK. IPE Global has been working with various International agencies and has successfully implemented various assignments in the sector.
The specific terms of reference for the position will be as per following:
Supplementary Immunization Activities (SIAs) for Polio Eradication:
- Micro planning: Provide information to facilitate updating/revision of polio SIA microplans. This includes the identification and inclusion of same community female/ influencers name in microplan in HRAs.
- Field Validation: Validation of the microplans in the field with special emphasis on the migratory and other high risk settlements. Supporting the identification and mapping of all high-risk areas.
- Training: Assist in planning, coordinating, organizing and monitoring the SIA training sessions for vaccinators and supervisors.
- Monitoring: Monitor the preparedness and implementation of the polio SIAs as per standard protocols and guidelines issued from time to time and provide feedback.
- Data collection and analysis: Collecting and collating the data from their area of responsibility after every SIA. Analyzing the data using pre-designed data analysis tools provided and sharing this information for making improvements.
- Preparing a list of events in the block/district, and support with the placement of vaccination teams during these events, as appropriate.
- Partnership and Coordination: Attend Block Task Force meetings (BTF), Block Social Mobilization meetings, and supervisor influencer meetings to provide relevant information that can be used for action at block level.
Acute Flaccide Paralyses (AFP) Surveillance:
- Stool collection: Track collection of stool samples from AFP cases and their dispatch to laboratory in proper cold chain
- Reporting network: Visit low priority informers and collect information on probable AFP cases. Identify potential informers in the community for further evaluation.
- AFP case investigation: Inform AFP cases brought to their knowledge and assist in locating residence of AFP cases for facilitating case investigation or 60-day follow up.
Routine Immunization (RI):
- Monitor RI sessions and conduct community monitoring as per standard guidelines and protocols and provide monitoring feedback for corrective actions.
- Monitor & validate inclusion of high risk areas in RI micro-plans.
- Monitor training activities related to routine immunization and provide feedback.
- Assist collection and collation of information related to routine immunization activities required to support programmatic decision making for routine immunization strengthening.
Measles Control activities:
- Support activities related to measles outbreak surveillance at the block/PHC level. Provide field monitoring support for preliminary case search and during detailed house to house outbreak investigation in the village/urban areas as a part of the measles outbreak investigation.
- Reporting network: Visit low priority informers and collect information on suspected measles cases and share the same.
- Inform about suspected measles cases brought to their knowledge and assist in locating residence of these cases for facilitating investigation or follow-up.
- Monitor the preparedness and implementation of measles SIAs as per standard guidelines and provide monitoring feedback for corrective actions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Assist in conducting surveys and research studies related to polio eradication, polio–free certification, polio endgame strategy, measles control and routine immunization as per standard guidelines and protocols.
- Support surveillance and monitoring activities related to other vaccine preventable diseases as per standard guidelines and protocols.
Qualifications and Required Competencies:
- Academic Qualification: Graduate preferably in Sociology, Psychology or Social work.
- Age: 21 Years or above.
- Should have personal two-wheeler with valid registration papers and driving license.
- Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Good written and spoken communication skills in the local language and Hindi/English.
- Prior work experience in social work/NGO/community development activities/health services/external monitor.
- Networking skills and ability to deal effectively with government counterparts.
- Ability to analyze basic data.
How to apply:
Please send detailed resume along with 2 references within 10 days of the publication of this advertisement to IPE Global (P) Ltd, 3/470, Vishal Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow or Email at email@example.com. Please clearly inscribe the title of the post applied for on the envelope containing your application or in the subject line of the e-mail. Also mention your location preference (State and district) in your application. Applications of only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Last date for the application: 7th Dec, 2013
Reference: IPE Global