Job Title: Principal Training Coordinator (Water and Sanitation)
Location: Patna, Bihar
Organization’s profile: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Institute is a non-profit training and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to a wide range of water, sanitation, hygiene and environmental issues in India and the neighbouring countries. WASH Institute is established at Kodaikanal and also has a branch office at Patna, Bihar.
WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute , ‘a world in which all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices’.
Job Description: This position is responsible for planning and conducting capacity building training on Sanitation and Hygiene promotion and also ensuring coordination and leading of various WASH Institute Training & functions in Bihar, Jharkhand and Assam which includes conducting training for State / District level Government Engineers, Government officers, partners’ staff and stakeholders, project monitoring, designing of course curriculum & module, managing of staff, timely submission of progress reports, lobby and advocacy. This would include assisting the Program Coordinator in WASH Institute, Kodaikanal and the management for compliance with organization norms and policies.
- Organizing and conducting training and capacity building support to State / District / Block level Government engineers, officers and partners staff and their stakeholders
- Conducting project monitoring to verify the impact of training program and making appropriate changes to enhance the effectiveness of training
- Participating the stakeholder meeting to understand partners training and capacity building needs& requirements
- Developing /supporting documentation, timely report submission to donors, proposal development etc as per the organisation requirements
- Coordinating the team of trainers in Bihar, Jharkhand and Assam unit
- Undertaking lobby and advocacy work to Market WASHi course in Bihar and neighbouring states
- Serve as a resource person for training, evaluation and other assignments as per the request of the clients.
- Updating the resource panel members by identifying and selection of suitable resource persons for the programmes.
- Conducting periodical team meetings for sharing of work, experience, learning and planning.
- Monitoring the performance of all staff and guiding the members to execute the various tasks
- Assisting the management for compliance with organization norms and policies.
- Representing WASHI in different forums and events in Bihar neighbouring States.
Eligibility: Preferred Experience: Minimum five to eight years’ experience is desired in training, capacity building and project management in a National/ International Development Organization. Experience in Sanitation, Water and Hygiene sector is very essential. Fluency in Hindi is needed.
Qualification/s: Post Graduate degree in Social Science or Environmental Engineering.
How to apply: Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 500 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for the job of a Principal Training Coordinator.
Applications can be e-mailed /mailed in confidence to Program Coordinator/Principal, WAter, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Institute, No.7/45-E,Srinivasapuram, Shenbaganur Post, Kodaikanal -624 104,Dindigul District, Tamil Nadu, India. Please send your application as a MS-Word attachment to careers(at)washinstitute(dot)org. The deadline to submit your application is 5th May 2014 . Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please mention the post name alone in the subject line.
Last date for the application: 5th May 2014.
Reference: Mr. V Gopala Krishnan