Job Title: Project Manager, Jal Bhagirathi Foundation
JBF is selecting a Project Manager for consolidating results of a European Union supported Project “Poverty reduction of Desert Communities in the dry lands of Western Rajasthan through integrated community based water resource management” The Project Manager should have administrative and project management skills in direct implementation of grass root projects with specialization in Water, Environment or NRM. It is a very exciting job opportunity with tremendous potential for growth and learning. The Project Manager assumes overall responsibility for the successful implementation of project activities and achievement of planned project outputs.
Salary: Rs. 60,000
- Supervise and coordinate the project to ensure its results are in accordance with the Project Document and the rules and procedures established in the Programming Manual;
- Assume primary responsibility for daily project management – both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project;
- Ensure adequate information flow, discussions and feedback among the various stakeholders of the project;
- Ensure that participatory methodologies employed by the project are particularly sensitive to women’s participation;
- Ensure adherence to the project’s work plan, prepare revisions of the work plan, if required;
- Assume overall responsibility for the proper handling of logistics related to project workshops and events;
- Prepare quarterly project progress reports
- Prepare, terms of reference for national and international consultants and subcontractors;
- Guide the work of consultants and subcontractors and oversee compliance with the agreed work plan;
- Monitor the expenditures, commitments and balance of funds under the project budget lines, and draft project budget revisions;
- Assume overall responsibility for the meeting financial delivery targets set out in the agreed annual work plans, reporting on project funds and related record keeping;
- Liaise with project partners to ensure their co-financing contributions are provided within the agreed terms;
- Ensure collection of relevant data necessary to monitor progress against indicators specified in the log-frame;
- Assume overall responsibility for reporting on project progress vis-à-vis indicators in the log-frame;
- Undertake any other actions related to the project as requested by the Project Director.
- Successful delivery of all project outputs and milestones, as indicated in the project logical framework.
- University degree in the field of environment protection and management, sustainable human development or related field
- Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills
- At least 5 years of experience in similar position in the development cooperation and project management
- Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international non-profit organizations
- Working experience with institutions involved in sustainable water or Natural Resource Management
- Experience in working with NGOs with participatory approaches’
- Proficiency in English and Hindi
- Computer literacy.
How to apply:
All applications should be sent with a covering letters to the following email address:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for the application: 15th November 2013