Job Title: Regional Coordinator (Programmes and Advocacy), Aajeevika Bureau
Aajeevika Bureau (AB) is a specialized non-profit, public service organization set up to provide solutions, services and security to seasonal migrants who leave their villages to find work in cities, factories and farms. Aajeevika Bureau works both in the “source” as well as the ‘destinations” of rural migrants within western India. It is headquartered in Udaipur and it provides a range of services (registration, photo ID, legal aid, financial services, skill training and family support) to migrant workers and their families. Aajeevika Bureau has received wide acclaim for its innovative ideas and contribution to the welfare of seasonal migrant workers. For more information please visit www.aajeevika.org.
To provide services to migrant workers effectively, AB operates both at the source and at the destination. As a major receiving state for migrants from Rajasthan as well as from other parts of the country, Gujarat is of strategic importance to AB’s work. AB currently runs three destination centers for migrant workers in Gujarat– Ahmedabad, Surat and Idar. In order to strengthen its work in Gujarat, it is planned to set up a cell for providing programme support, undertake advocacy and build partnerships with organisations in Gujarat.
Aajeevika Bureau is seeking a dynamic and motivated Regional Coordinator to lead its field programmes, facilitate expansion and undertake advocacy work. The position involves undertaking the following roles:
- Providing direct programme, team and administrative leadership to AB’s Ahmedabad field programme and ensuring support and supervision of other centers (Idar and Surat) in Gujarat.
- Coordinate and collaborate with AB’s resource units such as STEP Academy, LEAD, CMLS and FEP in order to strengthen Gujarat programmes.
- Networking and liaison with stakeholders in the government, industry, banking, media and advocacy for pro-migrant policies and practices.
- Undertaking research and knowledge generation to inform advocacy efforts of the organisation.
- Representing AB on state level and/or regional knowledge sharing and policy advocacy platforms.
- Providing technical support to partner organisations of Aajeevika based in Gujarat.
Candidates should be at least 35 years of age with at least 8 years of strong program implementation experience in the development sector. A good post graduate degree and work experience in Gujarat is essential for this position. The candidate should be able to communicate with government agencies, industry, NGOs, media and rural communities. S/he should be able to travel frequently out of Ahmedabad and will need to be “field-ready”. Writing and synthesis skills in English of a high order are desirable for this position. A reasonable salary for this position will be worked out, which would be comparable to similar development organisations, and will be based on skill levels and experience. A likely range is between Rs 3.6 lakhs – Rs 4.2 lakhs per annum. Upon appointment, the joining time cannot be more than 4 weeks though lesser time would be highly preferred.
Please note that this is a senior position in the organisation. Aajeevika Bureau offers an exciting and positive environment for those interested in labour issues and development work. Interested applicants are requested to refer to www.aajeevika.org for more information on Aajeevika Bureau.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send their latest resume with a covering letter and at least one reference to email@example.com .
Last date for the application: December 15th 2013