Job Title: Internship Programme, Tamil Nadu Urban Livelihood mission (TNULM)
Internship Programme with Commissionerate of Municipal Administration. As part of its various initiatives to achieve a poverty free Tamilnadu and aid the disadvantaged, vulnerable and destitute in Urban areas, the Tamilnadu government has recently launched the ‘Tamil Nadu Urban Livelihood mission”(TNULM).
The Tamilnadu Urban Livelihood Mission aims to address various needs of the Urban poor through a slew of initiatives including skill training, placement assistance, aiding financial inclusion, providing sanitation measures, assisting the vulnerable and providing shelters when required, etc.
In order to assist with the various projects being done under the Tamilnadu Urban Livelihood Mission, the Commissionerate of Municipal Administration is looking for bright, enthusiastic student interns in the following areas:
(I)Marketing and communication support
- Market research and consumer surveys
- Designing simple brochures and newsletters
- Creating short videos, taking good photographs and making interesting presentations
- Event management support for product shows that the Mission organises to showcase the work done by urban poor Self help groups
(II)Social Work & Research
- Field visits, qualitative research & surveys
- Research and Documentation support
(III)Project documentation & Newsletters
- Assisting on the copy-writing and art work required to create a compendium of the work being done in the Tamil Nadu Urban Livelihood Mission.
(IV)Help out in creation of technical documents and for executing IT system test cases( MIS Testing and Documentation),testing of portals ,IT systems etc.
- The period of internship would be for 3 months and the timings and days per week can be worked out on case by case basis
- The student should work atleast 3 days a week for about 4 – 5 hours per day
- This internship will not carry a stipend or any financial remuneration. Any expenses incurred during travel or project will be reimbursed.
This internship will give candidates a real opportunity to gain valuable experience to bridge the gap between study and the beginning of their working lives. All successful student interns will be given a certificate from the Mission Director on the completion of their internship.
Interested students preferably in Literature, Visual communication, BBA, BCA, BSc Computer Science, Fine Arts, MSW etc.
How to apply:
Download the application from website www.tn.gov.in/cma “What’s new “and send the filled in form to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for the application: 20th Dec, 2013