Job Title: State Coordinator – Gender Programming, UNICEF FUNDED PROJECT: DEEPSHIKHA PHASE-I
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Plan, Facilitate implementation and monitor all activities under the Deepshikha-Adolescent Life Skills Project in close coordination with UNICEF and various networks at district level.
- Jointly with UNICEF, State Government and other partners facilitate and contribute to the development of various training modules required for gender programming in the State.
- Be responsible for organizing TOTs for SPARSH trainers so that they are capable to support gender related training activities undertaken by SPARSH in collaboration with Government of Maharashtra, UNICEF, YASHADA and Civil Society Partners.
- Responsible for donor reports, holding / attending review meeting with partners and maintaining necessary records related to Gender.
- With the support of Director and others negotiate with government agencies for undertaking capacity building for various functionaries and SHG Office bearers under various women’s empowerment programmes of the government.
- Be responsible for establishment of Gender Resource Team and a Center in SPARSH on Gender.
- Overall responsibility for implementation and monitoring of the project in assigned field areas
- Take lead role and support in the capacity building exercise.
- Act as a primary link person between TFF, Documentation & Monitoring assistant and Director.
- Play an active role in all evaluations and monitoring exercises.
- Ensure proper implementation of the project strictly following timelines and project proposal document through frequent field visit.
- Analyse report prepared by documentation & monitoring officer and address all project related issues to Director.
- Master in Social work with minimum five years experience on the same level of position.
- Strong English, Marathi oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with different stakeholders.
- Ability to think independently and be proactive
- Ability to critically analyze information and revise projects and plans accordingly
- Ability to adapt to new environments and succeed in a start-up environment
- Self-starter, must be able to recognize and complete tasks without constant supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills and work ethics
- Passion for gender development and empowering adolescent girls
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to the development and education of women and girls is a plus
- Ability to travel throughout Maharashtra and stay on-site.
- Ability to use MS Office or similar program for basic back-office work; advanced computer skills preferred
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a few tasks that are outside the expectations of the position.
How to apply: Please email resume/CV, letter which explains why you are a strong candidate and outlines your related skills as well as your interest in this organization/role, and two professional references to recruitment.sparsh(at)gmail.com
Last date for the application: 20 Nov, 2013
Reference: Sparsh, Centre for Participatory Learning