Vacancy at Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organization
Job Title: Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO), Communications Manager
Animals can’t speak for themselves. We are looking for someone who can speak for them: an outgoing, strong communicator who can be an effective advocate for animals.
The employer is the Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations – an umbrella body representing animal interest groups from across the country, whose focus ranges across many issues such as conditions in zoos, in dairies; conditions of street animals, working animals, wildlife, ocean animals and fish; poaching, abandonment, cruelty-prevention, laws, legislation, compassion education and animal rights.
- Develop strategies to engage with all stakeholders of FIAPO and promote animal protection and the work of FIAPO
- Ensure all communication is in-line with FIAPO’s branding, values and programmatic needs
- Be responsible for wide dissemination and marketing of material, using different delivery mechanisms, including but not only social media, newspapers and magazines and other sector-specific outlets
- Have experience of using both digital and print media
- Have a good eye for design and visual appeal, and be responsible for content creation by working with other staff
- Please familiarize yourself FIAPO by reading through the web pages of www.fiapo.org before you apply.
Based on the job description and the website, within 300 words, please provide a cover letter in addition to your resume, telling us why you would be a suitable candidate for an interview. Prior experience in a similar role is a must.
How to apply: You will join a very energetic team of 6 plus people, so if this is an opportunity that you were looking for to be able to professionally work for animal protection – then send in your resume to varda(at)fiapo(dot).org
Last date for the application: 1 Dec, 2013