Purti Group is going to start fifty outlets for selling ethanol blended petrol as per reports by Times of India. The fuel will be sold at 2% less than the market price. Purti has tied up with Essar Oil Limited for the same.
Initially the outlets would be selling E-10 petrol (10% ethanol blending).
Purti group will supply the ethanol while Essar will be supplying the petrol.
Purti Group has an in-house production capacity of 1.2 lakh litres of ethanol per day and after the ongoing expansion the capacity will be about 2 lakh litres per day.
India has a National Policy for Biofuels which envisages-
- Bio-diesel production to be taken up from non-edible oil seeds in waste /degraded / marginal lands.
- An indicative target of 20% blending of bio-fuels, both for bio-diesel and bio-ethanol, by 2017 has been proposed.
- Minimum Support Price (MSP) for non-edible oil seeds would be announced with periodic revision to provide fair price to the growers.
- Major thrust to be given to research, development and demonstration with focus on plantations, processing and production of bio-fuels, including Second Generation Bio-fuels.
- Financial incentives, including subsidies and grants, may be considered for second generation bio-fuels. If it becomes necessary, a National Bio-fuel Fund could be considered.
- Plantations of trees bearing non-edible oil seeds will be taken up on Government/community wasteland, degraded or fallow land in forest and non-forest areas.
The Purti Group is one of the fastest growing professionally owned enterprises in India and has interests in Power, Sugar, Alcohol, Ethanol, Bio diesel, Bio-Fertilizers and Agrotech.
Reference and further reading-